[yocto] Newbie trying to get started

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Thu Feb 28 23:20:00 PST 2013

Well, I'm making progress.

I discovered one mysterious cockpit error: my addition of meta-intel and
meta-intel/meta-cedartrail to bblayers.conf had somehow gotten lost. When I
added those lines again, the error concerning the invalid MACHINE
disappeared. I also found the recipe files for the various images, in meta
rather than meta-intel, so now I know that what I really want is something
called core-image-base, which is a console-based image that supports all
features of the machine except the graphics stuff.

Setting it up this way immediately complained that it couldn't find a file
called io32-base.inc, and a search found that this file doesn't exist
anywhere in my poky tree, even though Gumstix builds this tree by fetching
from the git repos, and I had just done a sync. However, I downloaded the
poky-danny-8.0 tarball, and it does include this file. It looks like my hope
that I could use the same poky tree that the Gumstix build fetched was a
pipe dream. Oh, well...

Anyway, "bitbake core-image-base" at least gets started. We'll see if it
makes it all the way through, some time tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com