[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Feb 26 10:39:31 PST 2013

Attendees:
Saul, MichaelH, Corneliu, Nitin, BrianL, Darren, Paul, Belen, Tom, Mark, LaurentiuP, ScottR, JeffP, Beth, JessicaZ, CristianI, BruceA, SeanH, DaveST, Song

Notes:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto Project 1.3.1 status - 10 min (Ross)
  - Saul: will run a build 1.3.1 again today, make sure we have all the bit.
* Yocto 1.4 status - 10 min (Song/team)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.4_Status
  - lots of M4 features merged. Targeting tomorrow morning (US time) for QA full pass result.
  - 3 medium+ features left for M4: read-only rootfs support (Saul: there are patches pending for a while, has been through a few rounds, probably at version 10 now. if people can review it, it would be really helpful) , smart error reporting improvement, x86 generic BSP to support as many hardware. Any concerns, comments?
  - M5 work has been started, some M5 features are already merged. M5 dates: Release feature complete: 3/17. This milestone is our last chance to get features in. Even though we don't have any high features, but if you think we really need to get some feature in and that feature is at risk, please do let me know. We will see what we can do.
  - Bugs are down over the last 2 weeks. WDD/WDD+ chart is up this week, possibly due to that we have few more critical/major bugs.
  - Bruce: 3.8 kernel update is queued up. There are some problem on some qemu/arm platforms, should be fixed today. Hopefully to get it pushed today.

* SWAT team rotation: Paul Eggleton->Jessica Zhang

* Opens - 10 min
  - Corneliu: QA, we can use the real time wiki page for QA update: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/1.4_QA_Status
  - Sean: Yocto BoF notes collection? Seems no one collected notes...

* Team Sharing - 20 min
  - Darren: Minnow update. We are on x2 board, demoed at ELC. Got all functionalities. Making some minor revisions, layout, size, lures (daughter board), moving gpio a little bit. Regarding software, Scott, Koen and I are working on all aspects. Booted on 3.8 with a few patches. A couple interface issues between os and firmware. 32-bit efi work, etc.
  - MichaelH: moving backup infrastructure to a different rack at the same location. Looking a lot at the autobuilder. Lots of warnnings, timeouts, no negative consequence so far, but watching it. Running 2 masters (?) on the machine.
  - Beth: testing on the new autobuilder code. Still working out some bugs. Restarted ab10 this morning. Trying to do this without impacting the main AB as much as possible. If there is anything happen, please let me know. Planning a switch over in a week or so. Don't want to risk release RCs with the new AB. Backup plan is to use the current AB for release RCs.
  - Sean: posted my slides for YP at ELC: http://elinux.org/images/9/96/2013-ELC-Building-a-distro-with-YP.pdf
  - Paul: work on layer index applications. Finishing up the design. Hopefully to have something to show people fairly soon.