[yocto] uboot.bin and rootfs but not uImage

Satya Swaroop Damarla swaroop.damarla at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 23:31:04 PST 2013

Hello Guys... I think uImage is important but it is not being generated by
the yocto project. It only generated the rootfs and uboot.bin. Is there any
variable that has to be introduced in the machine.conf (in my case it is
skidata-tamonten.conf)....

Here is the configuration file

#@TYPE: Machine
#@NAME: skidata-tamonten machine

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/xserver ?= "xserver-xorg"

IMAGE_FEATURES += "package-management"
EXTRA_IMAGEDEPENDS += " u-boot"

# Uncomment the following line to enable the hard floating point abi. Note
that
# this breaks some binary libraries and 3D (neither of which ship with
# meta-yocto). For maximum compatibility, leave this disabled.
DEFAULTTUNE ?= "cortexa9t"
include conf/machine/include/tune-cortexa9.inc

IMAGE_FSTYPES += "tar.bz2 ext2"

SERIAL_CONSOLE = "115200 ttyS0"

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel ?= "linux-yocto"
PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-yocto ?= "3.2%"

KERNEL_IMAGETYPE = " uImage"

PREFERRED_VERSION_u-boot ?= "v2013.01.01%"

UBOOT_MACHINE = "tec_config"
UBOOT_ENTRYPOINT = "0x17000000"
UBOOT_LOADADDRESS = "0x17000000"

MACHINE_FEATURES = "usbgadget usbhost vfat screen touchscreen keyboard"

Greets,
Satya