[yocto] Issue with Quick Start Guide and Bitbake

Rudolf Streif rstreif at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Feb 21 10:44:59 PST 2013

Hi Michael,

You have most likely forgotten to source your build environment:

source <pokydir>/oe-init-build-env <buildenv>

Poky includes BitBake but from the error message it look as if you are
calling a BitBake that is installed on your system in /usr/bin.

Rudi

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 4:29 AM, Micheal Donohue <
Micheal.Donohue at vitalograph.ie> wrote:

>   Hi Guys,****
>
> ** **
>
> I’m trying to get to grips with Yocto and have been working my way through
> the quick start guide to get an image to run in the QEMU emulator. When I
> get to the run the bitbake command($ bitbake –k core-image-sato ) I get a
> Python error, I’ve included a link to a pastebin of the error ****
>
> ** **
>
> *http://pastebin.com/kf3nQ2z6*
>
> ** **
>
> I’ve tried Goggling around and  can’t find any similar errors. Any help
> would be much appreciated.****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks****
>
> Micheal****
>
> ** **

*Rudolf J. Streif*
Director of Embedded Solutions
The Linux Foundation

rudolf.streif at linux.com
Phone: +1.619.631.5383
Skype: rudolfstreif
PGP: RSA 2048/2048 D6E7D28B

Linux Foundation Events Schedule:  events.linuxfoundation.org