[yocto] Updating uboot to v2013.01

Hans Beckérus hans.beckerus at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 09:46:14 PST 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Satya Swaroop Damarla
<swaroop.damarla at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey hans, this is what he meant,
>
> In the machine config file add the following
>
> PREFERRED_VERSION_u-boot ?= "v2013.01%"  or PREFERRED_VERSION_u-boot ?=
> "v2013.01.01%"
>
> By the way did you already complete the first part... There is also other
> file called "u-boot-fw-utils_2012.04.01.bb" ... I think we should do the
> same...
>
> Hans bytheway,  are you also working on the same board or diffferent board
> with same problem?

Different board, same core, similar problem ;)
Now I get it. Thanks. But still question remains how in earth I
managed to build the kernel if not also having copied/renamed the
mkimage .bb?
Is the PREFERRED_VERSION_u-boot used to determine what mkimage and fw
utils it picks up?
Then it might be that since I/we build u-boot as a separate package,
but kernel lifts in the mkimage stuff, it works but the wrong package
was used.
In my case obviously compatible, but not recommended I guess. Also, I
agree that the fw utils should probably be in sync similar to mkimage.

Hans