[yocto] Avionic Tamonten Board - Uboot problem

Satya Swaroop Damarla swaroop.damarla at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 05:28:56 PST 2013

Hi,

I want to build a basic image for the Avionic Tamonten board using Yocto.
SO, I created a skidata-tamonten.conf in the list of machines based on the
beagleboard.conf but I dont know what to add for the UBOOT_MACHINE= . I
tried my best to use the same "omap_beagle_conf" but it doesnot boot
properly. Here is the skidata-tamonten.conf file description

#@TYPE: Machine
#@NAME: skidata-tamonten machine

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/xserver ?= "xserver-xorg"
XSERVER ?= "xserver-xorg \
           xf86-input-evdev \
           xf86-input-mouse \
           xf86-video-omapfb \
           xf86-input-keyboard"

# Ship all kernel modules by default
MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS = " kernel-modules"

# Allow for MMC booting ()
EXTRA_IMAGEDEPENDS += "u-boot"

# Uncomment the following line to enable the hard floating point abi. Note
that
# this breaks some binary libraries and 3D (neither of which ship with
# meta-yocto). For maximum compatibility, leave this disabled.
DEFAULTTUNE ?= "cortexa9thf"
include conf/machine/include/tune-cortexa9.inc

IMAGE_FSTYPES += "tar.bz2 ext2 ext3"

SERIAL_CONSOLE = "115200 ttyO2"

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel ?= "linux-yocto"
PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-yocto ?= "3.2%"

KERNEL_IMAGETYPE = "uImage"

PREFERRED_VERSION_u-boot ?= "v2012.04%"

UBOOT_ENTRYPOINT = "0x00008000"
UBOOT_LOADADDRESS = "0x00008000"

MACHINE_FEATURES = "usbgadget usbhost vfat alsa screen touchscreen keyboard"

Greetings & Regards,
Swaroop