[yocto] Control over Sato theme

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu Feb 14 07:08:40 PST 2013

On 2013-02-14 08:00, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 14 February 2013 13:24, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
>> My system has a single GUI program and I'd like to change the "feel"
>> (aka theme).  For example, I'd like to change the colors around (black
>> backgrounds, light foregrounds, etc), as well as things like the size
>> and color of sliders, etc (it's a very restricted environment and I want
>> the feel to reflect that).
>>
>> I think I still need the Sato basics as I need some minimal window manager
>> services like popup keyboards, etc.
>
> Messing with the gtk+ theme is the right thing to do, and you can
> change the theme whilst still using the rest of the Sato environment.
>
> Either dig into the Sato theme more, or there's a lot of GTK+ 2 themes
> at http://art.gnome.org/themes/gtk2 (and other locations) that will
> work just fine.

This is a great resource and many of them look perfect for my needs.

What's the best way to install/use one of these? (while I may have been
using X since version 10.2, I seldom mess with such things and don't
really know the best starting point)

For example, I downloaded 'ClearLooks Dark Orange' which gave me a single
file "Clearlooks-DarkOrange/gtk-2.0/gtkrc".  How do I install this and
make it stick on my target?

Thanks