[yocto] [danny] core-image-minimal-dev is missing dev packages

Rudolf Streif rstreif at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Feb 12 08:55:18 PST 2013

I will look into this further and then file a bug report with the details.

What I mean is that with Denzil a minimal-dev image could be used as a
sysroot for ADT. With an external toolchain you are able to compile and
link userspace applications.

With Danny this does not for an x86 minimal-dev image anymore. Linking
fails because in /usr/lib the directory i586-poky-linux is not present. (ld
complains that it cannot find crtbegin.o etc.) And possibly other files are
missing which I cannot tell because I have not yet had time to dig through
everything.

However, for an ARM minimal-dev image that works. /usr/lib contains as
expected arm-poky-linux-gnueabi.

I am not sure what the status is for PPC and MIPS. I have not tried them.

:rjs

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 1:42 AM, Paul Eggleton <
paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 09 February 2013 09:25:09 Rudolf Streif wrote:
> > I have not verified every single dev package but the linker files in
> > /usr/lib/<arch> and related are missing. You cannot link against a dev
> > image sysroot. That used to work.
>
> I'm not quite sure what you mean, but if this is a regression would you
> mind
> filing a bug for this in bugzilla if you haven't already?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
>
> --
>
> Paul Eggleton
> Intel Open Source Technology Centre

*Rudolf J. Streif*
Director of Embedded Solutions
The Linux Foundation

rudolf.streif at linux.com
Phone: +1.619.631.5383
Skype: rudolfstreif
PGP: RSA 2048/2048 D6E7D28B

Linux Foundation Events Schedule:  events.linuxfoundation.org