[yocto] [RFC v1 0/5][eclipse-poky] Enable target profiles for projects

Zhang, Jessica jessica.zhang at intel.com
Fri Feb 8 14:56:21 PST 2013

Hi Timo,

Couple comments:

1.  I really like the way that the global profile and project profile are linked together.  But it also introduce an out of sync issue.  Say I use a profile compiled my project with one set of toolchain and sysroot setup.  Then I change the  toolchain and sysroot settings for the profile.  But unless we inform/enforce the user to rebuild the project with the new profile settings.  The built out in the project directory is using one set of setting, but by looking at the project profile setting is another set.  So, I think we need to add a notification to user like we're doing for "remove".  When user change a profile and if there're projects using the profile, we need to prompt the user  with something like: "The profile settings have been changed and there're projects using this profile which will be impacted.  If you want to pursue the changes, please rebuild those projects with the new profile settings".  And in those projects, we need a sign the inform the user that the underline profile has changed, they need to rebuild to resync.  Make sense?

2. Seems we only allow user to choose profiles in project settings, can eliminate those grayed out "save as...", "remove", etc buttons?

3.  Also since the profile are really cross development setting profiles.  Can we change "Target profile" to "Cross development profile"?

Thanks,
Jessica