[yocto] gcov on beagle-xm with kernel module

Robert Berger gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com
Thu Feb 7 09:57:03 PST 2013

Hi,

I still try to use gcov on the beagle-xm on a kernel module and I'm not
sure this is the right mailing list to ask.

I just build it with the following modification to the makefile:

GCOV_PROFILE_debugfs.o := y

and it builds;)

... but as soon as I try and insmod I get the following:

insmod debugfs.ko
Error: could not insert module debugfs.ko: Invalid module format

and dmesg says:
[ 1628.759552] debugfs: unknown relocation: 38

Did anyone see something like this before here?

Apparently I'm not the only one having this kind of problem:

http://old.nabble.com/Problem-with-applying-Gcov-tool-to-kernel-module-to28299744.html

Does this look like a compiler bug?

Regards,

Robert..."Never express yourself more clearly than you think." - Niels Bohr

My public pgp key is available,at:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x90320BF1