[yocto] [RFC v3 00/18][eclipse-poky] Storing yocto settings as target profiles

Zhang, Jessica jessica.zhang at intel.com
Tue Feb 5 16:22:05 PST 2013

Hi Timo,

The patch series looks much better.  Here're few things we probably need to refine or explore a little bit more:
1. when I remove a profile, I'll get the following warning "Do you really want to the remove the target profile "profile-ide"?Projects using this target profile will be reconfigured to use the standard profile".  But the reality is the project that is configured using the deleted profile won't be affected at all.  You can go to the project->properties->Yocto Project Setting to check.  So the message really should be: The standard profile will be used for Yocto Project ADT preference.

2.  As to the "Save as.." button style consistency concern, yeah I can see it's a little bit unconventional.  But my issue with new button is it gives the impression a separate wizard will show up to guide through the creation instead of just using the content on the page.  Probably an "Add" button is less confusing and I've seen it's used on some pages and put it up besides the combobox?

3. The whole profile idea is applicable to per project ADT setting as well. By default it inherits what is set for the whole ADT plug-in in the preference window.  But it can be something different aka. A different profile.  Any plan to extend the capability here?

Any further thoughts?

Thanks,
Jessica