[yocto] Matchbox keyboard

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Tue Feb 5 10:47:33 PST 2013

Sorry if this isn't the best place to ask...

I have a GUI application running on Poky/Yocto with Sato using
only a touch screen.  My application window takes up the whole
display which is *very* small (320x240).  If I try and accept
text input, I can see the matchbox keyboard try to pop up, but
it immediately ends up behind my application window and thus
is of little use :-(

Is there some way to get the keyboard window to sit above my
application window while it is active?  I've experimented a bit
and I can use the terminal window in this environment but its
window gets sized very small - probably too small for my application.
Is that the only way for the matchbox keyboard and the application
that's using it for input to coexist?

Thanks for any ideas or pointers