[yocto] pulseaudio madness

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Tue Feb 5 04:44:57 PST 2013

I have a multi-media application/system (built with Poky/Yocto of course)
that is currently using ALSA for the sound.  This works great but now
I'd like to be able to share some of the sound resources, in particular
the audio output (speakers).  To satisfy this, I looked at pulseaudio,
but I'm overwhelmed by the package choices (there are 120 packages),
not to mention what to do about configuration.

I don't see any examples (images, etc) that use pulseaudio.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I might need to install,
how to configure it, etc, to take over from my simple ALSA setup?

Thanks