[yocto] poky-tiny, boot and filesystems

Rudolf Streif rstreif at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Dec 18 09:18:16 PST 2013

John,

What is your actual problem? You appended the tiny-init recipe and your
changes do or do not get put into the rootfs? If you could post your recipe
then folks can look at it.

As far as boot time is concerned, you need to distinguish boot loader and
kernel boot from user space. It looks as if you are trying to optimize your
user space boot time by using an image that starts less services. What
services you need of course depends on your application. To optimize user
space boot process you may also want to investigate systemd instead of SysV
init.

Rudi