[yocto] Git clone over http broken on git.yoctoproject.org

Daniel Stenberg daniel at haxx.se
Fri Dec 13 06:46:23 PST 2013

On Thu, 12 Dec 2013, Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com wrote:

> HOWEVER, if I use "https" instead of "http", it all WORKS OK. NOTE: Some
> repos work over http, some don't. Working: meta-selinux, yocto-autobuilder,
> for example.

You're using a HTTP proxy, right? I suspect the http vs https difference is
then simply because git will use completely different ways to go through the
proxies for the different protocols.

> git clone --mirror http://git.yoctoproject.org/git/poky.git
> Initialized empty Git repository in /home/michael_e_brown/yocto/poky.git/
> error: RPC failed; result=52, HTTP code = 100

I think this means that git gets a HTTP 100 continue response back but then
nothing else, which indicates a problem in your network or proxy.

Can you use git fine over this http+proxy against other git repos out in the
wild? Which git + libcurl versions are you using?

--

  / daniel.haxx.se