[yocto] busybox 1.21 ash bug?

Diego Sueiro diego.sueiro at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 04:22:28 PST 2013

Folks,

Recently I switched to dora branch which builds busybox 1.21.
I was using dylan branch with busybox 1.20 and the some shell scripts
stopped working.
There is a problem related with "for" statements.

For example, on script below, it runs nice on busybox 1.20 but on 1.21
fails with the output:"./script.sh: line 3: syntax error: bad for loop
variable".

#!/bin/sh

for (( i=1; i <= 5; i++ ))
do
 echo "Random number $i: $RANDOM"
done

I've searched on busybox bug tracking but did not found nothing related
with this.

Maybe I'm missing something, I really don't know.

I appreciate any help with this, and I'm sorry if this is not the
appropriate list to discuss this kind of subject.

Regards,

--
*dS
Diego Sueiro