[yocto] [RFC] Poky-contrib cleanup

Flanagan, Elizabeth elizabeth.flanagan at intel.com
Wed Dec 4 09:22:12 PST 2013

All,

I've identifed around 400 branches in poky-contrib that were last
touched prior to 2013. I've asked people a few times to review their
branches and clean up, but I'm sure some folks have either left the
project or haven't been paying attention or really do need their older
branches.

So, I would like to propose moving any branch last committed to before
2013 to a new repo "poky-contrib-archive". This way we can speed up
fresh clones of poky-contrib but still maintain old branches that
might be useful.

Thoughts? If no one objects, I'd like to do this next week on the 12th.

--
Elizabeth Flanagan
Yocto Project