[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Using the camera

jan alexandru vaduva vaduva.jan.alexandru at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 14:13:51 PST 2013

Hello guys, I am trying to enable the functionality for the camera.
I am trying to solve the following problem:
    mmal: mmal_vc_component_create: failed to create component
'vc.ril.camera'
    mmal: mmal_component_create_core: could not create component
'vc.ril.camera'
    mmal: Failed to create camera component
Updated to the latest firmware, enabled the functionality into config.txt
but the problem continues.

The problem seems to be the rootfs constructions. The right libraries are
there but the name of the component that the function needs is not there. I
assume it will take me some time to solve it, but when the time permits I
will try to wrap this thing up.

Regards,
Alex