[yocto] Embedded Linux with Xenomai support

Asier atamayoarbide at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 03:34:24 PDT 2013

Hello all,

I've just started studying the Yocto project, so I beg your pardon if this
question has been already solved or it's just too easy (RT*M).

I've got a working embedded system running Xenomai v2.5.5. The user
interface has been developed with Qt Embedded. The kernel has been compiled
using the ELinOS Embedded Linux distribution.

Now, I want to change that interface to X11 so that I can use a desktop
manager as well as some other X11 applications. The ELinOS distribution has
an XServer, but it lacks a way of easily adding any desktop manager. Thus,
I’m thinking about using another Linux distribution.

That is how I have found the Yocto project. I think this can be the best
solution for my new system.

Is there any Linux distribution based on the Yocto project that lets me
configure my embedded kernel with Xenomai? If not, has anybody got any
experinece in adding Xenomai to the Yocto project?

I'm using an Atom N270 chipset.

Thanks in advance, best regards,

Asier