[yocto] yocto-bsp and kconf-check

Tom Zanussi tom.zanussi at intel.com
Thu Aug 29 12:46:12 PDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-08-29 at 11:36 -0400, Jate Sujjavanich wrote:
> It appears that the yocto-bsp script generates a kernel configuration that creates some warnings during kern-tools' kconf_check. The {{machine}}.cfg file has many non-hardware options, therefore the script warns.
>
> It seems like many of these should be in the standard kernel configuration. Is this correct, and does the yocto-bsp data need to be updated?

The templates in yocto-bsp are derived from the reference and qemu BSPs,
and have basically inherited the kernel config from those.

Now that the new kernel has landed, I've started updating the templates
for 3.10, and yes, if all the reference and qemu BSPs have been fixed in
this regard, I need to update the yocto-bsp templates with the new
options as well.

BTW, which arch did you use to generate your BSP?

Tom