[yocto] How to work with linux-yocto kernel

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 11:05:15 PDT 2013

Hi Bruce,

On Aug 28, 2013, at 9:52 PM, Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield at windriver.com> wrote:

> There were some old bugs which caused the wrong board description to
> be picked up, the seems similar.
>
> But without seeing your exact changes, as they sit in the tree, I
> can't be sure.
>
> Did you also update the meta and machine branch SRCREVs ?

No, I didn't.

I've just done this now. It's only after you mentioned it
that I noticed the SRCREV_meta variable in linux-yocto_3.8.bb

While obvious, once stated, it's better to explicitly document
this step in the kernel development guide, so that people remember to
do it:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/kernel-dev/kernel-dev.html

BTW, in qemuarma9-standard.scc, for the branch, do I specify
standard/qemuarma9 or just qemuarma9 ?

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson