[yocto] How to work with linux-yocto kernel

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 10:48:47 PDT 2013

Hi,
     I just don't understand how to work with the linux-yocto kernel.

For example, I created a local copy of the yocto kernel, and updated the linux-yocto_3.8.bb recipe to point to the local copy (git:///<path>;protocol=file, etc)

Then I created a local branch meta, and another local branch standard/qemuarma9 and then updated the machine definitions in the meta branch for qemuarma9.

When I run yocto, and bitbake linux-yocto, in the tmp folder, if I check the git branch, it's checked out standard/common-pc/atom-pc.

This is really weird.

I've wasted a couple of days because the yocto build infrastructure was checkout out the wrong branch.

Elvis Dowson