[yocto] Syntax for specifying multiple URI's in a PREMIRRORS statement?

Glenn Schmottlach gschmottlach at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 08:19:42 PDT 2013

I'm trying to figure out the syntax for specifying more than one URI in a
single PREMIRROR statement, e.g.

PREMIRRORS_append = "git://.*/.* file://toplevel/premirror
ftp://ftp.acme.com/pre_mirror/foo \n"

So for all "git" fetches I want it to *first* look in a local premirror
directory and if the file is not found there then try to fetch from an FTP
server. How do you separate the two destination URIs to search? I tried a
space ' ' and semi-colon but neither appear to work. Is the syntax
documented somewhere. Can anyone provide a suggestion?