[yocto] Kernel 3.9 uImage build problem

Hans Beckérus hans.beckerus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 02:08:38 PDT 2013

Hi. We are trying to build a Linux 3.9 kernel (uplift from 3.6) and
are suddenly facing a completely new error when creating the uImage.

HOSTCC  scripts/mod/file2alias.o
|   HOSTLD  scripts/mod/modpost
| make[1]: `include/generated/mach-types.h' is up to date.
|   CALL    scripts/checksyscalls.sh
|   CHK     include/generated/compile.h
|   CHK     kernel/config_data.h
|   Kernel: arch/arm/boot/Image is ready
|   Kernel: arch/arm/boot/zImage is ready
| multiple (or no) load addresses:
| This is incompatible with uImages
| Specify LOADADDR on the commandline to build an uImage
| make[1]: *** [arch/arm/boot/uImage] Error 1
| make: *** [uImage] Error 2

Any hints on where to start look for source of the problem?
In our machine config UBOOT_LOADADDR is set.

Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION        = "1.19.0"
BUILD_SYS         = "x86_64-linux"
NATIVELSBSTRING   = "SUSE-LINUX-11"
TARGET_SYS        = "arm-poky-linux-gnueabi"
MACHINE           = "zynq-zc706"
DISTRO            = "poky-chris"
DISTRO_VERSION    = "1.4+snapshot-20130827"
TUNE_FEATURES     = "armv7a vfp cortexa9"
TARGET_FPU        = "vfp"

Thanks.
Hans