[yocto] First build stuck at a Single Task..

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Mon Aug 26 21:22:32 PDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 5:26 AM, Arun M Kumar <arunkr.linux at gmail.com>wrote:

> NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
> NOTE: multiple providers are available for runtime libasound-module-bluez
> (bluez4, bluez5)
> NOTE: consider defining a PREFERRED_PROVIDER entry to match
> libasound-module-bluez
> NOTE: Preparing runqueue
> NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
> NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
> Currently 1 running tasks (1587 of 5917):
> *0: linux-yocto-3.8.13+gitAUTOINC+e7f42a416a_aa76cc2840-r4.2 do_fetch
> (pid 2006)*

> It has been like this for the past 4 Hours. Internet download Traffic is
> around 124KB/s on system monitor (no other process using Internet).
>
> I have set the number of jobs in the local conf file as '9' and
>
> I have re-initialted the command from the same directory once the previous
> build failed.

this 'task' is actually doing a 'git clone' of the entire linux-yocto
kernel repository. The SRC_URI is

SRC_URI = "git://
git.yoctoproject.org/linux-yocto-3.8.git;protocol=git;bareclone=1;branch=${KBRANCH},${KMETA};name=machine,meta"

so, it might very well just go well , but it's slow. it should be 'cloning'
in this folder:

<build>/downloads/git2/git.yoctoproject.org.linux-yocto-3.8.git

you should be able to see that folder size growing, if not, then there can
be a problem.