[yocto] [DYLAN] RPATH issue with qt5's qtwebkit

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Sat Aug 24 01:48:17 PDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-08-23 at 21:36 -0400, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> When I try to include "qtwebkit" in my image from the "dylan" branch I end up
> with the following QA do_package_qa error [note that this does not happen
> with "master"]:
>
> ERROR: QA Issue: package qtwebkit contains bad RPATH /home/trevor/build/yocto/tmp/dylan/work/armv5te-poky-linux-gnueabi/qtwebkit/5.0.2-r0.0/build/lib in file /home/trevor/build/yocto/tmp/dylan/work/armv5te-poky-linux-gnueabi/qtwebkit/5.0.2-r0.0/packages-split/qtwebkit/usr/lib/qt5/libexec/QtWebProcess
>

> And the QA test is correct. When I "objdump -x" this binary I get:
>
> Dynamic Section:
>   NEEDED               libQt5WebKitWidgets.so.5
>   NEEDED               libQt5WebKit.so.5
>   NEEDED               libQt5Widgets.so.5
>   NEEDED               libQt5Core.so.5
>   NEEDED               libstdc++.so.6
>   NEEDED               libc.so.6
>   RPATH                /home/trevor/build/yocto/tmp/rdk/work/armv5te-rdk-linux-gnueabi/qtwebkit/5.0.2-r0.0/build/lib
>

> Can anyone suggest any fixes or patches? Note I'm using 5.0.2.

Check the compile logs. Somewhere, something is passing a -rpath value
to the linker which results in this. You'll have to find out where it
gets passed in, then trace it back to the source of the problem.
Sometimes this can get added by libtool but there will still be
something on the commandline which triggers libtool to do that.

Cheers,

Richard