[yocto] Installing yocto built qemu binaries and sdk toolchain to another machine

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 01:10:04 PDT 2013

On Aug 24, 2013, at 8:49 AM, Elvis Dowson <elvis.dowson at gmail.com> wrote:

> What should I do to relocate and install the qemu binaries and sdk toolchain built using yocto, to another machine?
>
> The target machine has a fresh Ubuntu 12.04 installation, and I'd like to be able to run the Yocto generated qemu binaries inside it.

I found the answer to this, the qemu images are located with the meta-toolchain-sdk, so copy over the generated kernel and rootfilesystem (ext3) images to the new machine, installing the toolchain SDK to /opt, and running the following commands on the target machine worked.

. '/opt/poky/1.4+snapshot/environment-setup-armv5te-poky-linux-gnueabi'
runqemu qemuarm zImage-qemuarm.bin core-image-minimal-qemuarm.rootfs.ext3

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson