[yocto] How to build a custom ramdisk image

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 10:21:39 PDT 2013

On Aug 22, 2013, at 1:53 AM, Mercier Ivan <ivan.mercier at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm working on an yocto distrib with a freescale p3041 based board.
> I would like to modify the root file system, like hostname,udev rules
> and build my own ramdisk image.
> I use to create my image by
> $ bitbake fsl-image-core
>
> is it corret?
>
> should I modidy fsl-image-core.bb?
>
> I try to modify files in
> build_p3041ds_release/tmp/work/p3041ds-fsl_networking-linux/fsl-image-core/1.0-r20/rootfs
>
> but modifications are overwrited
>
> can anybody help me?

You can do it in couple of ways, define rootfs post processing functions and add them to ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND
in a class or something and add the tweaks you want in image

otherwise you can override the file with customized changes in a layer and use bbappends to stich them into
the recipe you want to modify.