[yocto] linux-firmware: add only rtl8192cufw.bin from rtlwifi

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Aug 23 09:29:24 PDT 2013

Hi Mårten,

On Friday 23 August 2013 15:24:43 Mårten Wikman wrote:
> I want to install rtl8192cufw.bin from rtlwifi from linux-firmware but
> if I add linux-firmware to IMAGE_INSTALL_append it will of course
> install whole linux-firmware to my rootfs and bloats my rootfs image.
>
> What is the correct way to install rtl8192cufw.bin automatically to my
> rootfs?

If you have a look at the linux-firmware recipe (meta/recipes-kernel/linux-
firmware/linux-firmware_git.bb) you'll see that it splits out this firmware blob
to a separate package called "linux-firmware-rtl8192cu", so add this to your
IMAGE_INSTALL instead of "linux-firmware" (which will pull in all firmware) and
you should be ready to go.

Cheers,
Paul

--