[yocto] Days away from Feature Freeze for 1.5!!

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Thu Aug 22 11:18:39 PDT 2013

Folks,

We have all been busy working on our respective projects and I want to
point out that we are days away from the 1.5 Feature Freeze of August
25th, at midnight PST.

What this means is that in the coming weeks we will be slowing the
uptake of patches as we get closer to the 1.5 release date of 10/18.
This also means we will be doing more full pass testing and focusing on
getting any bugs discovered there fixed and generally well understood
patches that help with stabilization.

We will not take any more recipe updates or major changes after the
25th, please set those aside for when we open up master again for 1.6,
which will likely happen in 3 - 5 weeks once master settles enough so
that we can create the release branch.

We will start the planning for 1.6 in the mid-late September timeframe,
so put your idea cap on and file 1.6 enhancements.

Thanks to everyone work on these projects.

--
     Sau!

Saul Wold
Yocto Component Wrangler @ Intel