[yocto] bitbake with cmake recipe

Zafrullah Syed zafrullahmehdi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 11:13:48 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I am newbie and I am learning stuff.

I have a c++ code and CMakeLists.txt on Github which needs to be run with
Cmake. I am trying to get that code embed into my build using my own
recipe. This is my first experience with Cmake. I have no clue what should
I write in my recipe.

My recipe is as follows:

DESCRIPTION = "cameracapture application"
SECTION = "examples"
LICENSE = "CLOSED"
PR = "r0"

DEPENDS += "opencv"
inherit cmake pkgconfig

SRC_URI = "git://
github.com/zafrullahsyed/cameracapture.git;protocol=https;tag=v0.1"

do_configure() {
    ${BUILD_CXX} cameracapture.cpp -o cameracapture
    }

EXTRA_OECMAKE=""

I know this recipe is wrong, I looked up many other recipes that use Cmake
http://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-oe/recipes-connectivity/gnuradio/gnuradio_git.bb

each of them have their own parameters and functions.

Everytime I build my system I get this error:

ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (see
/home/siguser/yocto/build/tmp/work/armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/cameracapture-0.1-r0/temp/log.do_configure.1410
for further information)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
/home/siguser/yocto/build/tmp/work/armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/cameracapture-0.1-r0/temp/log.do_configure.1410
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing python function sysroot_cleansstate
| DEBUG: Python function sysroot_cleansstate finished
| DEBUG: SITE files ['endian-little', 'bit-32', 'arm-common',
'common-linux', 'common-glibc', 'arm-linux', 'arm-linux-gnueabi', 'common']
| DEBUG: Executing shell function autotools_preconfigure
| DEBUG: Shell function autotools_preconfigure finished
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_configure
| CMake Error: The source directory
"/home/siguser/yocto/build/tmp/work/armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/cameracapture-0.1-r0/cameracapture-0.1"
does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
| Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
| ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (see
/home/siguser/yocto/build/tmp/work/armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/cameracapture-0.1-r0/temp/log.do_configure.1410
for further information)
ERROR: Task 579
(/home/siguser/yocto/poky/meta-bebot/recipes-bebot/cameracapture/
cameracapture_0.1.bb, do_configure) failed with exit code '1'

I have no clue what I should write in my recipe file. Yocto doesn't have
any tutorial for this.

Can anyone give some hints where I am doing wrong or what should be
included in my recipe?

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 4:20 PM, Philip Balister <philip at balister.org>wrote:

> On 08/22/2013 10:14 AM, Burton, Ross wrote:
> > On 22 August 2013 14:40, Zafrullah Syed <zafrullahmehdi at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Hi Ross,
> >>
> >> Is this the correct way to write my recipe with cmake?
> >
> > You should be able to remove your do_configure().
>
> This recipe uses cmake:
>

> http://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-oe/recipes-connectivity/gnuradio/gnuradio_git.bb
>
> Hoepfully, it is more complicated than you need, but you should be able
> to see the cmake related parts.
>
> Philip
>

> > Ross

Regards,