[yocto] Yocto Methods of Loading DB Schema

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Aug 22 03:16:48 PDT 2013

Hi Barry,

On Wednesday 21 August 2013 16:21:22 Barry G wrote:
> The last big hurdle is how to load the database.  We are using
> Yocto 1.3 and I have ported in the postgresql recipies from
> gumstix-yocto.  Since I can't load the postgresql database schema
> without the cross-compiled postgresql database running, I assume
> this needs deferred to first device boot.  I can use pkg_postinstall
> to create/populate the postgresql databases, but this seems a little
> dirty since the text version of the sql would need to be on the
> device image to load.
>
> Is anyone else doing anything like this?  Is there a best known
> method for performing these kind of operations?

I've not done anything like this myself, but if the process of loading the
database is specific to the target device/arch and can't be run directly on the
build host, I do know we have some support for running processes like these
under qemu on the host to avoid the need to run anything on first boot - see
meta/classes/pixbufcache.bbclass and meta/classes/gtk-icon-cache.bbclass, as
well as the intercept scripts in scripts/postinst-intercepts/ that get used
when these are run on the build host during root filesystem construction.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton