[yocto] Recipe for building an Ubuntu-12.04 root filesystem

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 17:24:24 PDT 2013

Hi,
     Does anyone know how to create a recipe for building an Ubuntu-12.04 root filesystem image?

The Ubuntu and Linaro websites don’t document how the actual binary *.deb packages were created, the just document the process of assembling a rootfs from deb binary package feeds.

I’m aware that Yocto/OpenEmbedded can be used to generate *.deb packages, but what isn’t clear to me is how one can go about assembling a basic Ubuntu rootfs image that will boot into the Ubuntu Unity interface.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson