[yocto] Building one package needs header from another

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Aug 20 05:04:06 PDT 2013

On 20 August 2013 08:29, Paul D. DeRocco <pderocco at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to build python-matplotlib, which is a plotting package for
> PyGTK, and I need to compile the GDK rendering backend so that I can put
> plots onto the screen. (This is for a Gumstix, and I'm using their Danny
> branch metadata.) The backend source file needs to include pygtk/pygtk.h,
> which is all over the place in the fragments of the target rootfs since
> I've built that for the target system, but isn't anywhere to be found in
> the cross-compilation environment, so the compilation fails.

If you've built pygtk then the target sysroot should have the headers
in, and for me it does:

ross at melchett /data/poky-master/tmp/sysroots/genericx86
$ find . -name pygtk.h
./usr/include/pygtk-2.0/pygtk/pygtk.h

This is probably a problem with python-matplotlib, can you share the
configure and build logs?  It's probably looking in the wrong place.

Ross