[yocto] Trying to tweak a build with a setup.cfg file

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Mon Aug 19 20:42:40 PDT 2013

> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Paul D. DeRocco
> <pderocco at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>

> 	I'm trying to build python-matplotlib from the Danny branch of
> 	meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-devtools/python. I
> need to add a
> 	setup.cfg file to tweak the build, but I don't know how
> to get it into the
> 	right place.
>
> 	I put the setup.cfg into a python-matplotlib
> subdirectory in my recipes
> 	directory, and added a python-matplotlib_1.1.0.bbappend
> file which
> 	contains the following lines:
>
> 	FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"
> 	PRINC := "${@int(PRINC) + 2}"
> 	SRC_URI += "file://setup.cfg"
>
> 	The file is being copied into
>
> .../work/armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/python-matplotlib-1.1.0-r3
> 	rather than
>
> .../work/armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/python-matplotlib-
> 1.1.0-r3/mat
> 	plotlib-1.1.0 where it needs to be. How do I push it
> down a level?

> From: Chris Larson
>
> By default, anything in SRC_URI goes into ${WORKDIR}, not
> ${S}. You should be able to change this like so:
>
>     SRC_URI += "file://setup.cfg;subdir=matplotlib-${PV}"

Thanks. That'll get me over this hump.

While I was out at my daily workout, I was thinking about this. Is it
possible to mimic the directory structure in the metadata, in this case
pushing the file down a level, and then specifying that subdirectory name
in front of the filename in the SRC_URI, instead of as a "subdir" option
after it? Or must file:// always be followed by a simple filename?

I'd experiment with it, but I have a reallly slooow build system which
takes about fifteen minutes just to do the do_rootfs.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com