[yocto] My stuff is missing from rootfs

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Aug 16 02:07:39 PDT 2013

On Thursday 15 August 2013 15:38:37 Paul D. DeRocco wrote:
> > On Thursday 15 August 2013 13:01:54 Paul D. DeRocco wrote:
> > > This smells like one of those situations where nuking tmp
> > > and rebuilding will fix it, and we'll never know what was wrong. I'll let
> > > you know if that fixes it.
> >
> > If you keep on doing this we'll never figure out what the
> > problem is. Wiping out tmp just removes any way we might have to diagnose
> > the issue.
>
> I didn't wipe it out, I renamed it to something else, so I can switch back
> to it if I need to.

Apologies, I just assumed that's what you meant by "nuking". If there's a bug
or otherwise undesirable behaviour that is causing this problem I'd really
like to figure out what it is so we can fix it for everyone.

> I certainly don't have the faintest idea about how to
> diagnose it, beyond the naive steps I've already taken. And I need to get
> back to my real job, which is writing apps for this system, instead of
> building the distro. If there's anything you can think of that I should
> try, I'd be happy to do so.

You didn't mention in your reply to Saul whether the foo package was mentioned
in log.do_rootfs or installed_pkgs.txt files in your old tmpdir; was it?

> That said, rebuilding tmp (preserving downloads and sstate-cache) did
> indeed fix that problem, but it was replaced with another. Now, do_rootfs
> is failing, complaining that it "cannot satisfy the following dependencies
> for samba: libpam (>= 1.1.6)". Yet there's libpam, version 1.1.6, right
> where it's always been in the metadata. Doing a clean and a cleansstate on
> libpam didn't help.

Does samba.inc used by the samba recipe you are building have a PACKAGECONFIG
line referring to pam? I think that was added recently in meta-oe master (and
shortly to be merged into the meta-oe dylan branch). Without it there will be
a floating dependency on pam, which may account for this latter issue.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton