[yocto] My stuff is missing from rootfs

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 15 13:01:54 PDT 2013

> From: Saul Wold
>
> > My top level recipe uses IMAGE_INSTALL to add a bunch of
> > packages, including
> > one whose name matches the name of the recipe that's being
> > processed but
> > whose output is being ignored. This is exactly what I did
> > in a different
> > Yocto project, to get a similar recipe to install some
> > similar files, and it
> > all worked fine.
> >
> > I've attached the top level recipe and the problematic one,
> > only changing
> > the project name to "foo" for proprietary reasons.
> >
> Interesting, did you verify that the files are in the
> tmp/work/.../foo/packages-split/foo directory.  You can also
> look in the
> tmp/work/.../gumstix-foo-pyygtk-image/1.0-r0/installed_pkgs.tx
> t file to
> ensure your foo package is there.
>
> You can also look in the image temp dir for the log.do_rootfs
> and see if
> there are any issues in it or it's missing your package.

The files are in tmp/work/.../foo_1.0-r1/packages-split/foo, and also in
tmp/work/.../foo_1.0-r1/image, and the package is listed in that text
file. And the logs show no errors.

This smells like one of those situations where nuking tmp and rebuilding
will fix it, and we'll never know what was wrong. I'll let you know if
that fixes it.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com