[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, August 13, 2013 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Aug 13 13:17:24 PDT 2013

Attendees:
DavidW, Nitin, SteveL, Saul, DaveST, Beth, ChrisL, ScottR, TomZ, MichaelH, MarkH, Denys, BruceA, Cristian, Cristiana, Richard, JeffP, Darren, Belen, Simar, PaulE, Song

Welcome back, Richard!

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.5 status - 10 min (Song/team)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.5_Status
  - Bug fixing: 32 bugs fixed in the past week. WDD number is coming down. Reiterate the priority: bug fixing and package update. Wondering if we can have a bug squashing contest for the release. Anyone has any ideas?
  - feature development:
    . 3429. Duplicate of Fenrus updater moving to the future.
    . 3847/Tom: Design ready, waiting for Darren to review. It seems risky to make M4. Kernel team will discuss tomorrow.
    . 3867/Saul: Saul is working with Mulhern on this. Not sure if it can make M4.
    . 4072/Bruce: in progress, several people working on it. So far, it is on track.
    . 4079/Paul/Mark: Mark is working with Paul on this. Today there will be some patches for the first phase. Mark will work on the second pass which involves package group, figuring out the solution.
  - Nitin 4444:video encode/transcode, depending on some work to be upstreamed, is trending toward late August or early Sep.
  - M4 cut-off date, feature complete: 8/25. Please get your code in asap.
  - Ramana: Richard is back, would like him to review the binary configuration tool.
    .Richard: Many things on hand, trying to take a look at this.
* SWAT team rotation: Ross -> Cristiana
* Opens - 10 min
  - Paul: 1.4.2. Final patch sets have been merged. But noticed Saul just sent more fixed we would like to have.
    . Song/Alex: a short window this week and next. If we can get the build done this week, then QA can test. Otherwise, we will have to wait until 1.5 releases (Oct. 18th).
* Team Sharing - 20 min
  -Beth: there is a new feature in AB. If a build is a release, you need to indicate it is a release, it will be marked, and won't be deleted. Bug #4481, human readable release, you need to name the release. Will be sending out a note/email on this.