[yocto] [Announcement] Yocto Project 1.5 Milestone 3 now available.

Robert Berger gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com
Sat Aug 10 00:20:54 PDT 2013

Hi,

On 08/10/2013 03:22 AM, Flanagan, Elizabeth wrote:
> * Infrastructure for automated QA testing. More testcases will be
> automated in the next milestone release.

Are we talking about test automation using autobuilder here?
As far as I can see runtime testing of images using QEMU is
planned/already used.

What I'm after is runtime testing on real hardware. Assuming an
infrastructure where you can remotely turn on/off the power of the board
and where you have access e.g. via a conserver to the serial port I
guess this should be possible as well.

I'm wondering why this seems to be limited to QEMU, am I missing something?

Regards,

Robert

..."The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar
Wilde

My public pgp key is available,at:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x90320BF1