[yocto] [FIXED] ALIX3D3 Live Image "Waiting for removable media" Problem

Eren Türkay eren at hambedded.org
Thu Aug 8 09:11:52 PDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 03:13:49PM +0200, Eren Türkay wrote:
> output, I see that all geode specific features are OK. The kernel probes
> CF Card and finds it as "sda", I can see sound card and framebuffer
> works as expected. However, udevadm complains about not finding
> /dev/sda*

After hours of reading udev output and trying to figure out the problem,
I learned that udev requires CONFIG_DEVTMPFS to work properly. After
adding the following fragments to my kernel configuration, I was able to
boot "live" image properly.

CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y
CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT=y

Message to the future: I hope this information will be beneficial for
anyone who is struggling with that problem.

Best regards,
Eren

--
    . 73! DE TA1AET