[yocto] can not build yocto on NFS mounted NAS

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu Aug 8 08:23:37 PDT 2013

On 2013-08-08 09:09, Robert Berger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 08/08/2013 05:53 PM, Gary Thomas wrote:
>>
>> Interesting.  I'm building now - OEROOT on a local ext3 file system,
>> build/tmp on NFS - and it's working just fine.  My host is Fedora (15).
>>

> /poky
>    /beagle-xm
>      /cache
>      /conf
>      /tmp    <--- this /tmp?
>
> How you do this?
>
> Do you use some magic build setting for this or a symlink to the nfs?

I used the standard setup script, like this:
   % . /local/poky/oe-init-build-env /MY_NFS_VOLUME/build_dir

This will create a build tree on MY_NFS_VOLUME named 'build_dir'.  Then
I adjusted /MY_NFS_VOLUME/build_dir/conf/local.conf as needed and ran
bitbake...

Note: I NEVER build inside of my Poky/Yocto tree - always in a separate
build directory and quite often on a separate file system.

(sorry for any duplicate messages, I forgot to follow my own advice
and CC the list!)