[yocto] easiest way to add opkg and all .ipk data to core-image-minimal?

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Mon Aug 5 14:17:54 PDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>wrote:

>   i should know this but, if i don't want to define a new image, what
> is the canonical way to add "opkg" and full ipk data to a stock build
> of, say, core-image-minimal? i can see that what i'll want is to
> inherit rootfs_ipk in some way, but i'm not sure of the correct way.

You should never have to inherit rootfs_ipk. image.bbclass inherits the
appropriate rootfs class based on the packaging class(es) you have
inherited and a variable.

>From what I can recall, you'd need to add "package-management" to its
IMAGE_FEATURES, or copy and modify its IMAGE_INSTALL to include
${ROOTFS_PKGMANAGE} rather than ${ROOTFS_PKGMANGE_BOOTSTRAP}.
--
Christopher Larson