[yocto] X11 without a desktop

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Mon Aug 5 07:14:13 PDT 2013

I'm running a system roughly based on core-image-sato except
that I've disabled the matchbox desktop (I only have a single
application).  Some things still seem to want the desktop
to be in place though, in particular I don't get a popup
keyboard on my touch screen until I see this message:
   Timeout waiting for org.matchbox_project.desktop.Loaded

The problem is that this timeout is quite long - maybe a minute?

How can I fully disable this or adjust the timeout to be shorter?

Thanks for any pointers