[yocto] Recipe naming

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Sat Aug 3 03:52:57 PDT 2013

I've looked at the OE versionning policy
(http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/Versioning_Policy) and I can't quite
figure out the correct name for my recipe from that.

I have a testing branch for opkg which I would like to put a recipe
for in a meta-opkg layer to simplify testing. The testing branch will
be fetched from git. Should I call this:

    "opkg_testing.bb"
    set PREFERRED_VERSION_opkg = "testing" to use

or

    "opkg-testing_git.bb", PROVIDES opkg
    set PREFERRED_PROVIDER_opkg = "opkg-testing" to use

I'd lean towards the former as it is a version of opkg not a separate fork.

Is there a convention for this or should I just make my own decision?

--
Paul Barker

Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk
http://www.paulbarker.me.uk