[yocto] How/where/which scripts are run when an image boots?

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Fri Aug 2 14:57:05 PDT 2013

I'm trying to understand how the various initrdscripts get called when an image (Cedartrail / 8.0.2) boots as I need to make a few changes.

1) Do the 'live' variants go into the core-image-minimal and the 'boot' ones into the rootfs image?
2) Where are the called from?

I've previously workout out that init-live calls init-install. I've made changes to that so it installs to my device as I want. I'm now trying to do something similar so I can install / boot using ipxe.

Any pointers would be really appreciated.

Chris Tapp

opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com