[yocto] Trying to add new recipe - getting QA error I don't understand

Brad Litterell bradl at taser.com
Thu Aug 1 13:25:47 PDT 2013

On Jul 31, 2013, at 9:35 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com<mailto:raj.khem at gmail.com>> wrote:

On Jul 31, 2013, at 5:52 PM, Brad Litterell <bradl at taser.com<mailto:bradl at taser.com>> wrote:

Hi,

I tried

FILES_${PN} =+ "${libdir}/libuci.so"

but under package-split, the .so file is still only listed in the -dev package.

Is it possible that the lib*.so files are always forcibly removed from FILES_${PN}?

what is name of your recipe ?

uci.bb

I was able to hack the CMakeList.txt file as follows.  If I set SOVERSION on the shared library the expected libuci.so.1 file appears with the libuci.so link which solves the problem.  I'm a little concerned I might have problems with other packages that I haven't ported yet that depend on UCI, but I will see.

thats intact correct way to fix it in view of OE's eyes.

may be you should file an enhancement bug for it in Yocto bugzilla

I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but I'm using the 1.3 version of Yocto that's embedded in TI's Arago SDK.  Can I safely pull poky on top of that and see if it fixes the problem or might I have conflicts between Arago BSP layers and the 1.4 Poky recipes?

Doubt that

Doubting that I can use Poky, or doubting that Poky will conflict with TI's arago?  Or doubting that using 1.3 has any relevance to this issue?

Thanks,
Brad