[yocto] poky: Bitbake nothing provides error

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Apr 29 07:27:09 PDT 2013

On Monday 29 April 2013 15:07:27 Katu Txakur wrote:
> The instructions in
> https://github.com/gumstix/Gumstix-YoctoProject-Repo/blob/master/README.md
> worked
> for me, at least you can get them and have a look at the
> build/conf/local.conf file.
>
> Paul, how can get the recipes and related files that I find in the
> layerindex?

Typically, if you find a recipe in the layer index, assuming it isn't a
distribution layer, you would add the layer it is contained in to your
conf/bblayers.conf rather than trying to extract the single recipe and all the
files it needs. To do this:

1) Click on the layer link on the right hand side of the recipe list or within
the page for the recipe

2) Grab the git URL for the layer repository (assuming JavaScript is enabled
in your browser you can click once on the arrow on the left to select the text
and then you can copy it easily)

3) Clone that repository somewhere on your machine

4) Add the path to the layer (including the subdirectory if specified on the
layer index page for the layer) to conf/bblayers.conf

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton