[yocto] Finding/Generating Rootfs Package List

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Apr 29 06:23:52 PDT 2013

On Thursday 25 April 2013 15:25:10 Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 25 April 2013 15:10, Jon Szymaniak <jon.szymaniak at gmail.com> wrote:
> > In my current situation, I have a small read-only image where I can't
> > afford to ship pkg data, and wanted to gather this info on the host side
> > of things. I assume this information is tracked somewhere in the poky
> > build directory, but I'm having some trouble finding it.
> >
> > Could someone kindly point me towards this information or the
> > documentation
> > section(s) that I may have overlooked.
>
> In tmp/work/[machine]/[image]/[version]/ you'll find
> installed-pkgs.txt and complementary-pkgs.txt, which should be exactly
> what you want.

I would advise against using installed-pkgs.txt and complementary-pkgs.txt for
anything; the former only includes the list of packages before complementary
and locale package installation and is internal so it might go away at some
point if the implementation changes.

Martin already mentioned buildhistory, that's the best choice for getting this
information (or programmatically you can use the same method it does for
collecting the information, i.e. calling list_installed_packages from a
function added to ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND, if you prefer).

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton