[yocto] Finding/Generating Rootfs Package List

Jon Szymaniak jon.szymaniak at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 07:10:31 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I generally like to keep a little manifest file with my rootfs images,
containing a list of installed packages and their associated versions.  On
images where I keep package data around, I usually generate this via 'opkg
list'.

In my current situation, I have a small read-only image where I can't
afford to ship pkg data, and wanted to gather this info on the host side of
things.  I assume this information is tracked somewhere in the poky build
directory, but I'm having some trouble finding it.

Could someone kindly point me towards this information or the documentation
section(s) that I may have overlooked.

Thank you!
Jon