[yocto] remaining comments on current BSP developers guide

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Apr 22 09:24:21 PDT 2013

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013, Tom Zanussi wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-04-22 at 12:00 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>
> > 1.6.1 Common Features
> >
> > * "Both tools [yocto-bsp and yocto-kernel] reside in the scripts/
> > subdirectory of the Source Directory." no, they don't, they're in
> > meta-yocto/scripts/, so simply sourcing oe-init-build-env isn't
> > sufficient to add them to the search path, is it? (i'm guessing it
> > used to be, but no longer.)
> >

> Not sure what you're looking at to see that.  This is what I have:
>
> [trz at empanada dylan-cur]$ pwd
> /home/trz/yocto/dylan-cur
> [trz at empanada dylan-cur]$ ls
> bitbake        LICENSE   meta-intel     meta-yocto-bsp     README
> build          meta      meta-skeleton  oe-init-build-env  README.hardware
> documentation  meta-hob  meta-yocto     poky-extras        scripts

  ah, i see, that's because i have a mega-directory of layers and
don't check out meta-yocto or meta-yocto-bsp into the same directory
as oe-core. you obviously check out "poky", which puts everything in
one place under scripts/. but the yocto-* utilities are technically
part of the meta-yocto "layer". perhaps that should be made clear.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca